1. Desigual was founded in Barcelona in 1984 by a 20-year-old from Switzerland. Seriously impressive!
2. Ever wondered how to say the name? Us too. It’s pronounced “Dez-i-gwal.”
3. Desigual has stores all over the world. They’re in Barcelona, Madrid, Athens, Mowcow, Saudi Arabia, and Singapore, just to name a few!
4. The Desigual headquarters in Spain employs nearly 3,000 employees of 72 different nationalities.
5. And just for fun, check out this video of their Spring/Summer 2012 runway show!
Desigual is really something. Their designs are unpredictable, always colorful and never boring. Every single item – from a long-sleeve tee to a knit skirt – is a statement piece. You’re bound to get noticed when wearing Desigual!
What has continually struck me about this brand is their unique attention to detail. If you look closely at their garments, scarves and other accessories, you’ll find some incredible gems.
Like how this multi-colored thread that makes a stunning fray on this rosette-covered blouse:
And how intentionally the embroidery is done on this statement coat (see the careful placement of the sequins?):
And how well a lush floral pattern works so well next to text, printed on a bow that ties at the hip of a blouse (you’ve really got to look for the letters – see them?):
And if you look closely enough, you’ll find the word dream subtly stitched onto the fabric of this skirt:
Every piece in their collection is like a beautiful little treasure hunt. And to make your quest a little bit easier, all of our Desigual apparel* will be a part of our Third Thursday Sale on Thursday, Oct. 20! Enjoy 20% off men’s and women’s clothing* throughout the store!
*Socks, scarves and other accessories not included.